Saturday, January 13, 2007

Places I've lived

  • Born in Lima, Ohio
  • Briefly in Cape Giradeau, Missouri
  • Family traveled the country for 3-4 years .. was in 22 States before I entered first grade.
  • Richmond, Indiana .. first and second grade
  • Liberty, Indiana .. let's see .. third grade was Mrs. Orr, I think Showed my entrepreneurial temperment there .. mowed lawns (hand push mower!), lemonade stand, etc.
  • Morristown, Indiana .. 4th and 5th grades .. some stories could be told .. I remember when the 5th grade teacher came out on his front porch and shot his pistol into the air because three of us were outside his house on halloween night .. he was a butt!
  • Indianapolis, Indiana .. 6th grade. I remember getting heat stroke working with my father one summer day. We lived just south of Idlewild airport before the big expansion .. took a tour of one of the first jet airliners that flew in to Idlewild. Became an auto racing fan while there, but never have been to the Brickyard (Indy 500) in person.
  • New Hampshire, Ohio .. boy, oh boy .. the things I learned from those farm boys! I think I was in 8th and 9th grades while we lived there. Raised calves and chickens, plowed gardens, published a local newspaper on a memeograph machine, etc.
  • Piqua, Ohio .. lived there when I got my driver's license ... I think we were there for 3 years .. moved after I graduated from high school.
  • Perrysburg, OH .. went to one year of college (at Mt. Vernon, OH), then worked in an auto detail shop, then joined the Army
  • Army stuff: Ft. Campbell, KY basic training; Ft. Rucker, AL, Helicopter maintainance school; Phan Thiet and Phan Rang, South Vietnam; Naval Air Station Lakehurst .. discharged 1972, then went back to college in Mt. Vernon, OH.
  • Quincy, MA .. college and marriage 1973
  • Clifton Spring, NY (1975?)
  • Fredericktown, Ohio
  • Gallup, NM 1979-80
  • Mansfield, OH for a few months
  • Columbus, OH 1981-83
  • Wilmore, KY to 1985
  • Toledo, OH to 1989
  • Zanesville, OH 1990
  • Pittsburgh 1990 - 2005
  • Kittanning, PA 2005-2006
  • Atlanta area 2006 to present

    This kind of looks like I'm a gypsy, doesn't it? Perhaps it is the Seminole Indian blood (great-great maternal grandparents) in me?
  • No comments: