Monday, January 15, 2007

Zee Prezident

I probably shouldn't write this .. but, I'm sick and tired of George's leadership. Make no mistake, he is a leader. It's just that I'm fed up with the direction he is going.

I'm a social libertarian and a fiscal conservative. Libertarian means the government should keep its nose out of our personal lives except to incarcerate criminals (HOWEVER, "no knock" search warrants do NOT cut it .. cops make toooo many mistakes).

Anyway, George first got my dander up by using the National Guard in Iraq .. The National Guard are CITIZEN soldiers whose purpose is homeland security, not the fighting of foreign wars. They have a civilian mentality .. they have families .. they have jobs and obligations of civilians, rather than having their lives ordered around military duty. It is the Regular Army which is trained to fight foreign wars, not the National Guard. George, of course, can't understand that ... probably doesn't care.

Early on I suspected that W's real reason for going to Iraq was to make up for his father's stupid mistake when he pulled out of Iraq .. nothing like a kid getting even for his daddy!

I also came to the opinion early on in W's first term that Evangelicals would ONE DAY (probably not soon .. they are slow learners) become very embarrassed for supporting W so strongly. Why?

Primarily, the reason we should all be afraid of W is the unPatriot Act. We have no idea how seriously our privacy and freedom has been damaged by this secret "law". Let me give you an example ..

A few weeks ago I had to apply for a Georgia license. I had a perfectly good Pennsylvania driver's license, recently renewed for another 5 years. But, since I moved to Georgia, I had to get a GEORGIA driver's license! Anyway, guess what? I had to provide a certified birth certificate or a passport in order to PROVE I was born here in the USA!!!!!!

Now, while I was in harms way in South Vietnam, fighting for "American freedoms", BoBo was partying here in the good old USA. Guess who has to prove he was BORN here in the USA? BoBo? &%#* NO .. I have to! Why? "HOMELAND SECURITY"!!!! ROFLOL .. Yeah right!

Let's see... have they stopped the flood of illegal immigrants entering the USA? NO! Have they stopped the flood of DOPE entering the USA? NO!

BUT, in the NAME of stopping these criminal dangers to the security of the USA, they are invading the privacy of law abiding citizens! Hey, BoBo .. you and your unPatriotic politicos can kiss mine! I know what this is about. Momma didn't raise no fools. This is NOT about securing the USA .. this is about getting the government's nose into our private business. And, it is WRONG.

Well, I have to stop here ... anything else I might say could get me into serious trouble with the "law" .. because we don't know for sure what all the penalties are for criticizing the unPatriotic Act .. seriously.

1 comment:

Dan Jenkins said...

PS .. my wife told me today that her grandaughter (8 years old) and her other grandmother were involved in a car wreck over the weekend. The car they were in was totalled .. hit head-on. No one was hurt, thankfully. The driver of the other car was an UNLICENSED illegal alien! Well, Homeland Security is really protecting us, isn't it?